- 1 What can I do with a large plain wall?
- 2 How do I break up a large wall in my living room?
- 3 How do you decorate a large high wall?
- 4 How do you decorate a large great room?
- 5 What can I put on my large living room wall?
- 6 What should I hang on the wall?
- 7 How do you break up a large wall with paint?
- 8 How do you make a large living room look cozy?
- 9 How do you separate a living room into a bedroom?
- 10 How do you decorate a large two story wall?
- 11 How do you decorate a large high ceiling wall?
- 12 How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
- 13 How do you decorate a large family room?
- 14 How do you layout an open concept living room?
- 15 How do you decorate a large rectangular living room?
What can I do with a large plain wall?
My favorite way to decorate big blank walls is to create a gallery of artwork or prints that have the same theme and matching frames. On the oversized wall in our living room, I used framed sheet music to fill in the wall above the piano. Eight smaller pieces of art come together to form one large art piece.
How do I break up a large wall in my living room?
How to Break Up a Large Living Room
- Divide the Space. Try using furniture pieces to separate the space into more intimate areas using furniture.
- Use Angles. Well-defined angles give a clear visual delineation between spaces.
- Play with Paint. You can use paint, wall coverings, and artwork to help define separate spaces.
How do you decorate a large high wall?
1. Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork. A single bold image, a large gallery wall grouping or a contemporary installation are great ways to connect your extra height to the rest of the interior.
How do you decorate a large great room?
If you’re wondering how to decorate a large living room wall, an effective solution is to get your art on and hang a large canvas or another piece of wall art. A large painting, print or photograph will create a grand focal point in your space, frame a fireplace or sofa wall perfectly and add personality to your room.
What can I put on my large living room wall?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
What should I hang on the wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you break up a large wall with paint?
Break up a room by painting the ceiling and walls different colors. You can visually raise a ceiling by painting it white or a few shades lighter than the wall color. Use a satin or semigloss paint finish to reflect natural and artificial light to create the effect of an even higher ceiling.
How do you make a large living room look cozy?
Designers Share 40 Ways to Make Your Living Room Cozy
- Acknowledge Historic Architecture.
- Take a Holistic Approach.
- Choose a Sizable Sectional.
- Opt for Oversized Ottomans.
- Create a Conversation Circle.
- Warm With Natural Wood.
- Make the Fireplace a Focal Point.
- Use Large -Scale Photos.
How do you separate a living room into a bedroom?
Use a tall piece of furniture, like a bookshelf or dresser, to divide the room. Placing a piece of furniture at the foot or along the side of your bed will give you some privacy. It also has the added benefit of adding storage space to either your bedroom or living room space.
How do you decorate a large two story wall?
a collection of ideas for decorating two story walls
- 1 ~ ADD OVERSIZED ART. curatedstyle.tumblr.com.
- 2 ~ INCLUDE A TALL ARMOIRE, HUTCH OR ETAGERE. Alisberg Parker Architects.
- 3 ~ ADD A COLLECTION OF DIMENSIONAL PIECES. Jonathan Adler.
- 4 ~ ADD OVERSIZED MIRRORS.
- 5 ~ HANG A RUG OR TAPESTY.
- 6 ~ INCLUDE ARCHITECTURAL INTEREST.
How do you decorate a large high ceiling wall?
How to Design A Living Room With High Ceilings
- Hang Curtains High.
- Paint An Accent Wall.
- Use Dark Paint All-Around.
- Add A Large -Scale Mirror.
- Line Up Tall Bookcases.
- Opt For A Sculptural Light.
- Balance With Big Furniture.
- Layer A Large Rug.
How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
If you have a two story high great room or entry foyer, keep pictures in the bottom half. If your have high ceilings don’t reach two stories, hang in the bottom two thirds. Also, when you have a lot of wall space, it’s better to hang up one large picture instead of many small ones.
How do you decorate a large family room?
Large living room ideas
- Use color to set the mood.
- Don’t leave ceilings and walls unfinished.
- Consider architectural trim work to beautify the room.
- Install floors that are stylish, but also practical.
- Choose a central element.
- Turn the living room into a conversation area.
- Plan lighting in advance.
- Plan your window treatments.
How do you layout an open concept living room?
12 ideas for furnishing an open floor concept:
- Arrange your furniture away from the walls.
- Create a “ room ” with an area rug.
- Repeat a favorite element in each open floor plan section.
- Go with a cohesive color theme throughout.
- It’s all about flow in an open floor plan.
- Address the floor and ceiling, too.
How do you decorate a large rectangular living room?
Ideas for Decorating a Long and Narrow Living Room
- Form a Straight Walkway.
- Create a Curved Pathway.
- Pull Furniture Away From the Walls.
- Use Circular Pieces.
- Create an L- or U-Shape Seating Area.
- Divide the Space.
- Maximize Vertical Space.