- 1 Where do most Washington DC employees live?
- 2 Is DC a good place to raise a family?
- 3 Where do families live in Washington DC?
- 4 Where can I raise a family outside of DC?
- 5 Where do the rich live in Washington DC?
- 6 What is the best area to live in Washington DC?
- 7 What is a good salary in DC?
- 8 Is it cheaper to live in DC or NYC?
- 9 How much money do you need to make to live in Washington DC?
- 10 Where should you not live in Washington DC?
- 11 What is the nicest suburb of DC?
- 12 Where is a safe place to live in Washington DC?
- 13 Is Logan a DC?
- 14 Where should I live if I work in DC?
- 15 Is it safe to live in DC?
Where do most Washington DC employees live?
Our Headquarters is in the heart of the commercial district of Washington, D.C. Over 90 percent of our staff work at Headquarters and live in the District of Columbia or in the nearby suburbs of Maryland and Virginia.
Is DC a good place to raise a family?
The District of Columbia is a fantastic place to raise kids! With high-quality schools, low crime rates, excellent housing options, and plenty of family -friendly things to do, these are the five best DC neighborhoods for families!
Where do families live in Washington DC?
Whether you want to stick to the city or move further afield to stretch your legs, here are seven places to live in the DC area.
- Glover Park. Median Sales Price: $595,000 ($553 per square foot)
- The Palisades.
- Potomac, MD.
- Chevy Chase, MD.
- Friendship Heights.
- Spring Valley.
Where can I raise a family outside of DC?
- North Potomac. Suburb in Maryland. Rating 4.04 out of 5 78 reviews.
- South Kensington. Suburb in Maryland.
- Potomac. Suburb in Maryland.
- Broadlands. Suburb in Virginia.
- Brookmont. Suburb in Maryland.
- South Riding. Suburb in Virginia.
- Travilah. Suburb in Maryland.
- North Bethesda. Suburb in Maryland.
Where do the rich live in Washington DC?
Detailed List Of The Richest Neighborhoods In Washington For 2020
|Rank||Neighborhood||Median Household Income<|
What is the best area to live in Washington DC?
9 Most Popular Neighborhoods in Washington DC
- Bradley Manor-Longwood. Bethesda, Maryland, is just northwest of DC proper, a suburban enclave of Washington’s well-to-do.
- Georgetown. Image via Flickr by yeahbouyee.
- Capitol Hill.
- Foxhall Crescent.
- Forest Hills.
- Logan Circle.
What is a good salary in DC?
A recent piece on WTOP stated that to live comfortably in DC, the average person would need to make $85,000 per year. However, that is just supporting yourself. A recent piece on WTOP stated that to live comfortably in DC, the average person would need to make $85,000 per year.
Is it cheaper to live in DC or NYC?
You would need around 8,004.76$ in New York, NY to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 6,500.00$ in Washington, DC (assuming you rent in both cities). Cost of Living Comparison Between Washington, DC and New York, NY.
|Restaurants||Washington, DC Edit||New York, NY Edit|
|Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle)||2.84$||3.02$|
|Imported Beer (12 oz small bottle)||2.75$||3.09$|
How much money do you need to make to live in Washington DC?
The rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Washington, DC is $2,269. So, a DC resident should make at least $4,538 monthly or $54,456 annually before taxes.
Where should you not live in Washington DC?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Washington, DC
- Deanwood. Population 29,798. 186 %
- Brentwood. Population 28,660. 84 %
- Anacostia. Population 117,488. 81 %
- U Street Corridor. Population 10,104. 54 %
- Stadium-Armory. Population 21,142. 50 %
- Shaw. Population 13,782. 50 %
- South West. Population 11,100. 18 %
- Ledroit Park. Population 11,683.
What is the nicest suburb of DC?
We have compiled a list of the city’s eight best suburbs, so if you are considering relocating to the area, be sure to check them out.
- Bethesda, Maryland.
- Arlington, Virginia.
- Rockville, Maryland.
- Reston, Virginia.
- Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Frederick, Maryland.
- Alexandria, Virginia. Population: 160,530.
Where is a safe place to live in Washington DC?
5 of the Safest Neighborhoods to Live in Washington D.C.
- Foxhall Village. Just a bit west of Georgetown lies an intimate neighborhood with well kept green grass and rows of charming brick-and-stucco Tudor-style homes.
- Van Ness.
- Woodland Normanstone.
Is Logan a DC?
An equestrian statue of Major General John A. Logan stands at its center. It is the only major circle downtown that remains entirely residential. Logan Circle (Washington, D.C. )
|• Councilmember||Brooke Pinto|
Where should I live if I work in DC?
Top 8 Places To Live If You Work In SE DC
- Capitol Hill. As one of the largest historical residential neighborhoods in Washington, there is a lot of appeal to living in Capitol Hill.
- Penn Quarter.
- Navy Yard.
- The Southwest Quadrant.
- Lincoln Park.
- Alexandria, VA.
- Arlington, VA.
Is it safe to live in DC?
DC is a relatively safe city, ranked by SafeCities as the world’s seventh safest large city and safest in the U.S. NeighborhoodScout shows DC as the second-safest large city in America for violent crime, behind only Philadelphia.