- 1 How do you decorate a large family room wall?
- 2 What can I do with a large plain wall?
- 3 How do I break up a large wall in my living room?
- 4 How do you decorate a tall wall in a living room?
- 5 What can I hang on my living room walls?
- 6 What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
- 7 What should I hang on my dining room wall?
- 8 How do you decorate a large wall with a TV?
- 9 How do you decorate a large living room?
- 10 How do you break up a dark wall?
- 11 How do you make a large living room look cozy?
- 12 What should I put in my large living room?
- 13 How do you make a room with high ceilings feel cozy?
- 14 How do you decorate an angled wall in a living room?
- 15 How do you decorate a 2 story wall?
How do you decorate a large family room wall?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
What can I do with a large plain wall?
My favorite way to decorate big blank walls is to create a gallery of artwork or prints that have the same theme and matching frames. On the oversized wall in our living room, I used framed sheet music to fill in the wall above the piano. Eight smaller pieces of art come together to form one large art piece.
How do I break up a large wall in my living room?
How to Break Up a Large Living Room
- Divide the Space. Try using furniture pieces to separate the space into more intimate areas using furniture.
- Use Angles. Well-defined angles give a clear visual delineation between spaces.
- Play with Paint. You can use paint, wall coverings, and artwork to help define separate spaces.
How do you decorate a tall wall in a living room?
Use Large Scale Art Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
What can I hang on my living room walls?
20 Wall Decor Ideas to Refresh Your Space
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
What should I hang on my dining room wall?
20 Dining Room Wall Decor Ideas
- Curated Vintage. Some say open shelving is messy, but you just have to group similar items together to make it look tidy and intentional.
- All the Books.
- Antique Oil Painting.
- Favorite Words.
- Funky Gallery Wall.
- Classic Black and White.
- Heirloom Silver.
- Modern Mural.
How do you decorate a large wall with a TV?
Decor Dilemma: What to Do with the Wall Behind Your TV
- Create A Faux Built-In.
- Build Out A Mixed Media Wall.
- Hide Your TV Inside A Cabinet.
- Cover Your TV With A Curtain.
- Hang Your TV Within A Gallery Wall.
- Set Up A Room Divider.
- Mount Your TV On The Fireplace.
- Built A Floating Media Unit.
How do you decorate a large living room?
Large living room ideas
- Use color to set the mood.
- Don’t leave ceilings and walls unfinished.
- Consider architectural trim work to beautify the room.
- Install floors that are stylish, but also practical.
- Choose a central element.
- Turn the living room into a conversation area.
- Plan lighting in advance.
- Plan your window treatments.
How do you break up a dark wall?
Use tall, thin plants on the table or floor along the wall to break up the paint while allowing the color to peek through. Tall shelves work wonders in a room, not only to break up the dark expanse of a wall, but to provide a place for accessories.
How do you make a large living room look cozy?
Designers Share 40 Ways to Make Your Living Room Cozy
- Acknowledge Historic Architecture.
- Take a Holistic Approach.
- Choose a Sizable Sectional.
- Opt for Oversized Ottomans.
- Create a Conversation Circle.
- Warm With Natural Wood.
- Make the Fireplace a Focal Point.
- Use Large -Scale Photos.
What should I put in my large living room?
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Swap your coffee tables for oversized ottomans.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add coziness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.
How do you make a room with high ceilings feel cozy?
High Ceilings Tips
- Paint the ceiling. If you think of the ceiling as another blank canvas, a lot of possibilities open up.
- Do two-tone walls.
- Accent with tall plants.
- Warm up the windows with curtains.
- Create intimate conversation areas.
- Use luxurious textures.
How do you decorate an angled wall in a living room?
How to Decorate a Slanted Wall in the Living Room
- Choose a cohesive color scheme.
- Stripe the walls.
- Create a fun wall mural.
- Apply vinyl wall stickers.
- Hang artwork on the slope.
- Plank the sloped wall or ceiling.
- Get creative with shelving.
How do you decorate a 2 story wall?
a collection of ideas for decorating two story walls
- 1 ~ ADD OVERSIZED ART. curatedstyle.tumblr.com.
- 2 ~ INCLUDE A TALL ARMOIRE, HUTCH OR ETAGERE. Alisberg Parker Architects.
- 3 ~ ADD A COLLECTION OF DIMENSIONAL PIECES. Jonathan Adler.
- 4 ~ ADD OVERSIZED MIRRORS.
- 5 ~ HANG A RUG OR TAPESTY.
- 6 ~ INCLUDE ARCHITECTURAL INTEREST.