- 1 What is there to do with kids in Big Bear?
- 2 What can we do at Big Bear?
- 3 What is there to do in Big Bear if you don’t ski?
- 4 What is there to do in Big Bear at night?
- 5 Can you swim at Big Bear Lake?
- 6 Where can I take kids sledding in Big Bear?
- 7 What is Big Bear famous for?
- 8 Are there bears in Big Bear?
- 9 Is Big Bear Safe?
- 10 What is the best month to go to Big Bear?
- 11 Is Big Bear Lake Worth Visiting?
- 12 What is the best time to visit Big Bear Lake?
- 13 Which is better Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear?
- 14 What can you do in Big Bear for free?
- 15 What should I bring to Big Bear Lake?
What is there to do with kids in Big Bear?
5 Kid Friendly Activities in Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Discovery Center. Big Bear Lake Discovery Center.
- Big Bear Alpine Zoo. Alpine Zoo in Big Bear Lake.
- Play in the Snow. Skiing at Snow Summit in Big Bear Lake.
- Alpine Pedal Path.
- Big Bear Alpine Zoo.
- Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain.
- Bowling Barn.
- Big Bear Discovery Center.
What can we do at Big Bear?
11 Top-Rated Things to Do in Big Bear, CA
- Enjoy the Water of Big Bear Lake.
- Ski or Snowboard at Big Bear Mountain Resort.
- Learn Something New at the Big Bear Discovery Center.
- See Wildlife Up Close at Big Bear Alpine Zoo.
- Hike to Castle Rock.
- Go Boating at Boulder Bay Park.
- Cycle on the Alpine Pedal Path.
- Grab Some Grub.
What is there to do in Big Bear if you don’t ski?
Here are some non- skiing things to do at Bear Mountain and Snow Summit.
- GRIZZLY RIDGE TUBE PARK. Looking for an outdoor activity this winter that’s fun for the whole family?
- FUN IN THE SUN (DECK)
- APRÈS ALL DAY.
- GEAR UP.
- FREE EVENTS & CONCERTS.
What is there to do in Big Bear at night?
Best things to do at night near Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
- The Cave. 0.6 mi. 159 reviews.
- Hot Shot Miniature Golf. 1.2 mi. 49 reviews.
- Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest. 2.4 mi. 122 reviews.
- Club Bombay. 0.5 mi. 85 reviews.
- Village Theaters. 0.5 mi. 66 reviews.
- Barrel 33. 0.6 mi. 171 reviews.
- Big Bear Vacations. 0.6 mi.
- Barton Flats Campground. 5.4 mi.
Can you swim at Big Bear Lake?
Swimming Rules In the summer months, swimming is permitted in Big Bear Lake at your own risk! There are NO lifeguards on duty and swimmers must stay within 50 feet of the shore or within 20 feet of a private dock.
Where can I take kids sledding in Big Bear?
Best sledding for kids near Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
- Grizzly Ridge Tube Park. 1.0 mi. Tubing.
- Big Bear Snow Play. 2.3 mi. 504 reviews.
- Snow Summit. 1.0 mi. 814 reviews.
- Potter’s Mtn Sports. 1.0 mi. 318 reviews.
- Ski Haus. 0.4 mi.
- Quail Cove Lakeside Lodge. 3.0 mi.
- Lazy Bear Lodge. 2.5 mi.
- Grey Squirrel Resort & Vacation Rental Homes. 2.3 mi.
What is Big Bear famous for?
Big Bear Lake is Southern California’s four-season mountain lake escape. Located in the heart of Southern California – and close to Phoenix and Las Vegas – Big Bear Lake is the jewel of the San Bernardino National Forest and known for excellent fishing, snowboarding & skiing, hiking, mountain biking and so much more!
Are there bears in Big Bear?
Bears – Any bear you encounter in Big Bear Lake will be a black bear and like rattlesnakes, they tend to avoid humans. It’s rare that you should encounter a bear. But just in case you do, follow these key guidelines: Remain calm.
Is Big Bear Safe?
The rate of crime in Big Bear Lake is 46.05 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Big Bear Lake generally consider the east part of the city to be the safest.
What is the best month to go to Big Bear?
Spring and Fall are usually the best time to come and avoid crowds. During these off peak seasons, there are still plenty of events and things to do in Big Bear. Fishing season starts April 1st, you can take a hike, walk the Alpine Pedal Path, go horseback riding and check out the petting Zoo.
Is Big Bear Lake Worth Visiting?
There’s no doubt that Big Bear Lake is a great place to visit on vacation. The views alone make it worth the trip, but the activities are what set this place apart from anywhere else.
What is the best time to visit Big Bear Lake?
At 7,000 feet above sea level, it’s climate and change of scenery from other parts of SoCal make it a perfect destination. The off-seaso in Big Bear is in the spring from April to June and in the fall in September and October. It’s the best time to visit Big Bear Lake in my opinion, and here’s why.
Which is better Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear?
Lake arrowhead is my favorite, it’s smaller, quainter, quieter and much prettier, more of little village feeling and lots of green everywhere. Big Bear is more commerical, and much bigger, and not as nice, but more skiing choices, etc.
What can you do in Big Bear for free?
- Big Bear Lake. 665. Bodies of Water • Hiking Trails.
- Castle Rock Trail. 229. Hiking Trails.
- Boulder Bay Park. 212. Parks.
- Big Bear Discovery Center. 213. Visitor Centers.
- Cougar Crest Trail. Hiking Trails.
- Alpine Pedal Path. Biking Trails • Hiking Trails.
- Pine Knot Village. 124.
- Champion Lodgepole Pine. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
What should I bring to Big Bear Lake?
Winter coats, snow boots, hats and gloves are a must. Snowfall in Big Bear can be unpredictable at times and the night time temperatures drop quickly. Big Bear has plenty of stores that specialize in winter gear. Update your wardrobe before you go home so you will be ready the next time you visit.