- 1 Where should a family stay in Washington DC to vacation?
- 2 Is Washington DC a good place to raise a family?
- 3 What is the best area to stay in Washington DC?
- 4 Where should I stay when visiting Washington DC on a budget?
- 5 What is the best time of year to visit Washington DC?
- 6 What areas of DC are dangerous?
- 7 What is the nicest suburb of DC?
- 8 Where should I live with my kids in DC?
- 9 Where should I live if I work in DC?
- 10 Where should you not stay in Washington DC?
- 11 What’s the best way to get around Washington DC?
- 12 Is Washington DC safe to walk at night?
- 13 How can I see Washington DC on a budget?
- 14 How much should I budget for a trip to Washington DC?
- 15 How can I spend 4 days in Washington DC?
Where should a family stay in Washington DC to vacation?
Book an unforgettable family vacation at one of these hotels in the nation’s capital.
- Washington Marriott at Metro Center.
- The Darcy Hotel.
- Capitol Hill Hotel.
- Fairmont Washington, DC, Georgetown.
- Holiday Inn Washington Capitol – National Mall.
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC.
- Four Seasons Hotel, Washington D.C.
Is Washington DC a good place to raise a family?
The District of Columbia is a fantastic place to raise kids! With high-quality schools, low crime rates, excellent housing options, and plenty of family -friendly things to do, these are the five best DC neighborhoods for families!
What is the best area to stay in Washington DC?
- 5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Washington DC.
- Foggy Bottom – Best Place to Stay in Washington DC for First-Timers.
- 2. Logan Circle – Best Place to Stay in Washington DC on a Budget.
- Dupont Circle – Best Place to Stay in Washington DC for Nightlife.
- H Street Corridor – Coolest Neighborhood in Washington DC.
Where should I stay when visiting Washington DC on a budget?
Stay at Affordable Hotels in Washington DC
- La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway.
- Hampton Inn.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson – Washington, DC East.
- Executive Inn and Suites.
- Extended Stay America Washington, DC – Landover.
What is the best time of year to visit Washington DC?
The best times to visit Washington, D.C., are from September to November and March to May. In the autumn, the sweltering summer is gone, taking with it most of the high season tourists. All that’s left are crisp breezes and changing leaves, which, by the way, look great against all those marble monuments.
What areas of DC are dangerous?
The most dangerous areas in Washington is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Deanwood. Population 29,798.
- Brentwood. Population 28,660.
- Anacostia. Population 117,488.
- U Street Corridor.
- South West.
- Ledroit Park.
What is the nicest suburb of DC?
We have compiled a list of the city’s eight best suburbs, so if you are considering relocating to the area, be sure to check them out.
- Bethesda, Maryland.
- Arlington, Virginia.
- Rockville, Maryland.
- Reston, Virginia.
- Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Frederick, Maryland.
- Alexandria, Virginia. Population: 160,530.
Where should I live with my kids in DC?
Whether you want to stick to the city or move further afield to stretch your legs, here are seven places to live in the DC area.
- Glover Park. Median Sales Price: $595,000 ($553 per square foot)
- The Palisades.
- Potomac, MD.
- Chevy Chase, MD.
- Friendship Heights.
- Spring Valley.
Where should I live if I work in DC?
To get a new perspective on some of the top options for commuters, take a look at the neighborhoods listed below.
- Arlington, Virginia.
- Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Greenbelt, Maryland.
- Alexandria, Virginia.
Where should you not stay in Washington DC?
Here Are The 7 Most Dangerous Places In Washington DC After Dark
- Washington Highlands/Bellveue. Wikimedia/Aude.
- NoMA. Flickr/Elvert Barnes.
- Columbia Heights /Mount Pleasant and Park view. Flickr/Daniel Lobo.
- Deanwood Metro Station. Wikimedia/SchuminWeb.
- Ivy City, Trinidad, Carver Langston.
- Historic Anacostia.
What’s the best way to get around Washington DC?
Getting Around Washington DC
- Climb Aboard the Old Town Trolley.
- Catch the Metrorail.
- Ride the Metrobus.
- Try the DC Circulator.
- Hop on the Georgetown Metro Connection.
- Rent a Bike or Take Segway Tour.
- Call a Cab or Use Ride Sharing Apps.
Is Washington DC safe to walk at night?
Is Washington, D.C safe at night? Answer: Most tourist will feel safe after dark in common tourist hubs near and around the National Mall. Its not uncommon for tourist to walk the area of downtown adjacent to the National Mall after dark.
How can I see Washington DC on a budget?
Free and cheap things to do in Washington, D.C.
- Take a free walking tour of Washington, D.C.
- Learn about National Mall landmarks from a park ranger.
- Visit the Lincoln Memorial.
- Enjoy free admission to the Smithsonian Museums.
- Visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Take a stroll around the beautiful Tidal Basin.
How much should I budget for a trip to Washington DC?
Cost of a Trip to Washington, DC, US & the Cheapest Time to Visit Washington. The average price of a 7-day trip to Washington is $1,716 for a solo traveler, $3,082 for a couple, and $5,778 for a family of 4.
How can I spend 4 days in Washington DC?
Day 1: The Mall by Day, the U Street Corridor by Night
- Breakfast: Le Bon Café
- AM: Tour the Capitol Building.
- Next Stop: Visit the Library of Congress.
- Lunch: On Pennsylvania Avenue, Southeast, at Good Stuff Eatery, Sonoma, or We, the Pizza.
- PM: Take In Art for Free at the National Gallery of Art.
- Next Stop: The Newseum.