- 1 Where should I stay when exploring Big Sur?
- 2 Should I stay in Big Sur or Carmel?
- 3 How long should you stay in Big Sur?
- 4 Where should families stay in San Diego?
- 5 Is Big Sur expensive?
- 6 What is the closest town to Big Sur?
- 7 Is there a difference between Carmel and Carmel-by-the-Sea?
- 8 Which is better Carmel or Monterey?
- 9 Is Big Sur worth the drive?
- 10 How do I spend my day at Big Sur?
- 11 What is the best time to visit Big Sur?
- 12 What is special about Big Sur?
- 13 What are the bad areas of San Diego?
- 14 Where should I not stay in San Diego?
- 15 What is the nicest part of San Diego?
Where should I stay when exploring Big Sur?
Where To Stay In Big Sur
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park.
- San Simeon.
- King City.
Should I stay in Big Sur or Carmel?
Monterey and Carmel are nice towns right on the water – lots to do, plenty of restaurants, etc. Big Sur is the 90 mile stretch of coastline south of Carmel – it is pretty remote without much civilization to speak of. It is great for the outdoors though – hiking, incredible views, some neat beaches, etc.
How long should you stay in Big Sur?
It’s generally recommended to spend at least 3 days/2 nights between SF and LA — one night in the Monterey area and one night in the Cambria area. There is lodging in Big Sur, but it tends to be expensive and rustic or VERY expensive and very nice.
Where should families stay in San Diego?
6 Top-Rated Family Resorts in San Diego, CA
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Fairmont Grand Del Mar | Photo Copyright: Courtesy of Fairmont Grand Del Mar.
- Hotel Del Coronado.
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa.
- Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa.
- San Diego Mission Bay Resort.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego -Del Mar.
Is Big Sur expensive?
Big Sur (zip 93920) cost of living is 385.3.
What is the closest town to Big Sur?
Big Sur and Neighboring Cities: Cambria is around the half way point, but the closest town to Big Sur area on the south is San Simeon. It is also the closest to Hearst Castle. On the north side, Carmel is the last town you get to before going to Big Sur area.
Is there a difference between Carmel and Carmel-by-the-Sea?
Generally, “caramel” is defined as a chewy, light-brown candy made from butter, sugar, and milk or cream. For example: I love eating caramels because they are soft and chewy. In contrast, “ Carmel,” is used as a proper noun, and it is a popular beach town in California, known as Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Which is better Carmel or Monterey?
Yes, I agree that Carmel is the better choice. It’s more scenic and relaxed. The address of the Monterey property is “motel row,” which, while not very far from anything, is not a very picturesque part of Monterey. But Carmel has been preserved, protected and maintains its charming vibe throughout.
Is Big Sur worth the drive?
Big Sur is a very worthy road trip destination for anyone who loves to be outdoors and experience nature. Sure, it takes a little longer, but the views of the Pacific Ocean, rocky bluffs, sandy beaches, towering redwoods, and vibrant green hills make it worth the extra time spent on the road.
How do I spend my day at Big Sur?
How to Spend One Day in Big Sur, California
- Bixby Creek Bridge.
- Stroll around Andrew Molera State Park.
- Hang Out at the Big Sur Village.
- Purple Sand at Pfeiffer State Beach.
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway.
- Partington Cove Trail.
- Gaze Upon McWay Falls.
- Accommodations in Big Sur.
What is the best time to visit Big Sur?
The best time to visit Big Sur is from September to November. With more than 300 days of sunshine per year, Big Sur’s peak season runs long, from April to October.
What is special about Big Sur?
Big Sur has been called the “longest and most scenic stretch of undeveloped coastline in the contiguous United States”, a sublime “national treasure that demands extraordinary procedures to protect it from development”, and “one of the most beautiful coastlines anywhere in the world, an isolated stretch of road, mythic
What are the bad areas of San Diego?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In San Diego, CA
- East Village. Population 13,053. 900 %
- Horton Plaza. Population 659. 574 %
- Marina. Population 4,435. 556 %
- Little Italy. Population 3,171. 306 %
- Kearny Mesa. Population 3,664. 306 %
- Cortez Hill. Population 2,825. 301 %
- Midtown District. Population 10,962. 262 %
- Columbia. Population 1,641.
Where should I not stay in San Diego?
But, as with any city, there are a few areas that you may want to avoid. University Heights, City Heights, National City, as well as parts of downtown, can be a bit seedy, especially at night. Imperial Beach, which is the town in San Diego next to the Mexican border, can also be sketchy.
What is the nicest part of San Diego?
What Are the Best Neighborhoods to Live in San Diego?
- San Marcos.
- Pacific Highlands Ranch.
- Solana Beach.
- Torrey Pines.
- South Park. So, La Jolla has beautiful streets you’ll want to get lost in.
- North Park. How about another dip in price?
- Chula Vista. Chula Vista is another (comparatively) affordable neighborhood.