- 1 What size fridge do I need for a family of 3?
- 2 What is a good size fridge for a family?
- 3 What is the average size of a fridge in Australia?
- 4 What is the best size refrigerator for a family of 4?
- 5 What is standard fridge size?
- 6 Which type of fridge is best?
- 7 Will a 36 inch refrigerator fit in a 36 inch opening?
- 8 What is considered a large refrigerator?
- 9 What is the most common fridge size?
- 10 How wide should a refrigerator opening be?
- 11 How much space does a fridge door need to open?
- 12 What brand of fridge is most reliable?
- 13 Why are bottom freezer refrigerators more expensive?
- 14 What brand of refrigerator has the least problems?
What size fridge do I need for a family of 3?
2. Fridge Size
|Household size (number of people)||Fridge capacity /volume (litres)||Price range (AUD)|
|1 – 2 people||200 – 380 litres||$430 – $2399|
|3 – 4 people||350 – 530 litres||$699 – $4799|
|5+ people||440+ litres||$1079 – $5499|
What is a good size fridge for a family?
Average refrigerator capacity ranges between 9 and 30 cubic feet. A family of two needs 8 to 10 cubic feet of fresh-food space. Add an extra cubic foot for each additional family member. Freezer space: A family of two needs 4 cubic feet of freezer space.
What is the average size of a fridge in Australia?
In Australia, the typical fridge has the following dimensions: Height: 1700mm to 1900mm. Width: 470mm to 900mm. Depth: 492mm to 900mm.
What is the best size refrigerator for a family of 4?
To help you find the best refrigerators outside the standard dimensions, we have guides to the best counter-depth refrigerators, 30-inch-wide refrigerators, and 33-inch-wide refrigerators. As for capacity, most manufacturers recommend 19 to 22 cubic feet for a family of four.
What is standard fridge size?
Although the average size of a refrigerator varies depending on the type of fridge (bottom freezer, top freezer, French door or side-by-side), standard refrigerator dimensions range from 28 ¾ to 39 ¾ inches in width, 61 ¾ to 71 ¼ inches in height and 28 ¾ to 34 ⅝ inches in depth.
Which type of fridge is best?
Here’s a list of the best refrigerators to buy, according to testing:
- Best Overall Refrigerator: GE Profile Series French-Door Refrigerator.
- Best Value Refrigerator: Maytag Wide French Door Refrigerator.
- Best Smudge-Proof Refrigerator: Kenmore Elite French Door.
- Best Door-in-Door Refrigerator: LG InstaView Door-in-Door.
Will a 36 inch refrigerator fit in a 36 inch opening?
A 36 inch wide refrigerator should only be placed in an opening at least as wide as the manufacturer’s recommendation. Remember that appliances are NOT built to machine-shop tolerances and neither are cabinets.
What is considered a large refrigerator?
A large fridge is made for businesses, homes with a lot of roommates, or large families. They are over 25 cubic feet and wider than 36″. They are quite large and take up a lot of space but are necessary for large families.
What is the most common fridge size?
Typically, the standard size for a professional-grade refrigerator falls between 30 to 36 inches width, 67 to 70 inches in height, and 29 to 35 inches in depth. When it comes to the interior, the refrigerator itself should provide you with 14 to 20 cubic feet of space.
How wide should a refrigerator opening be?
The standard width opening for modern refrigerators is 36 inches, with this in mind, refrigerator manufacturers produce all current model refrigerators to be less than 36 inches wide. Most are 35 3/4 inches or less, this allows for the refrigerator to slide into the allotted space.
How much space does a fridge door need to open?
When the door is open, is there enough space on the hinge side for the door to open without hitting your walls? If there’s not about 2-inches of space on the hinge side, then you’ll have to keep in mind that the refrigerator will need to be pulled out about 2-inches to make up for this.
What brand of fridge is most reliable?
The 9 Best Refrigerator Brands of 2021
- GE. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Geappliances.com.
- Frigidaire. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Frigidaire.com.
- LG. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Lg.com.
- Whirlpool. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Whirlpool.com.
Customers have found bottom – freezer refrigerators more convenient than side-by-side or top- freezer units. They don’t cost more to build, but manufacturers ensure you pay more for the convenience. They are “worth” what customers are willing to pay for, and they will pay more for bottom – freezer refrigerators.
What brand of refrigerator has the least problems?
Whirlpool is the top choice for a reliable French door refrigerator brand, according to the J.D. Power’s report. KitchenAid and Samsung follow in second and third place, respectively. Another notable finding: The Puls report also named Whirlpool as the overall most reliable home- appliance brand.