- 1 What size fridge do I need for a family of 3?
- 2 What is a good size fridge for a family?
- 3 How do I choose a refrigerator size?
- 4 What size fridge do I need for family of 4?
- 5 What is the most common fridge size?
- 6 What is standard fridge size?
- 7 Which type of fridge is best?
- 8 What brand of fridge is most reliable?
- 9 What is considered a large refrigerator?
- 10 How much should a fridge stick out?
- 11 Do fridges need space around them?
- 12 What should I look for when buying a refrigerator?
- 13 How many Litres is a family size fridge?
- 14 How many Litres is a family fridge?
- 15 How big is a 21 cubic foot refrigerator?
What size fridge do I need for a family of 3?
2. Fridge Size
|Household size (number of people)||Fridge capacity /volume (litres)||Price range (AUD)|
|1 – 2 people||200 – 380 litres||$430 – $2399|
|3 – 4 people||350 – 530 litres||$699 – $4799|
|5+ people||440+ litres||$1079 – $5499|
What is a good size fridge for a family?
Average refrigerator capacity ranges between 9 and 30 cubic feet. A family of two needs 8 to 10 cubic feet of fresh-food space. Add an extra cubic foot for each additional family member. Freezer space: A family of two needs 4 cubic feet of freezer space.
How do I choose a refrigerator size?
As a rule of thumb, you want about 4-6 cubic feet of storage per person in your household. Most fridges for sale will list their cubic foot capacity, but if you’re not sure, use a cubic foot calculator to figure it out based on the refrigerator’s width, depth, and height.
What size fridge do I need for family of 4?
For a family of 2 to 4, I recommend a fridge capacity of 200-500L. Alternatively, a family of 4 will ideally need a fridge capacity of around 500L. Families larger than 4 members will need a fridge with an even bigger capacity.
What is the most common fridge size?
Typically, the standard size for a professional-grade refrigerator falls between 30 to 36 inches width, 67 to 70 inches in height, and 29 to 35 inches in depth. When it comes to the interior, the refrigerator itself should provide you with 14 to 20 cubic feet of space.
What is standard fridge size?
Although the average size of a refrigerator varies depending on the type of fridge (bottom freezer, top freezer, French door or side-by-side), standard refrigerator dimensions range from 28 ¾ to 39 ¾ inches in width, 61 ¾ to 71 ¼ inches in height and 28 ¾ to 34 ⅝ inches in depth.
Which type of fridge is best?
Here’s a list of the best refrigerators to buy, according to testing:
- Best Overall Refrigerator: GE Profile Series French-Door Refrigerator.
- Best Value Refrigerator: Maytag Wide French Door Refrigerator.
- Best Smudge-Proof Refrigerator: Kenmore Elite French Door.
- Best Door-in-Door Refrigerator: LG InstaView Door-in-Door.
What brand of fridge is most reliable?
The 9 Best Refrigerator Brands of 2021
- GE. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Geappliances.com.
- Frigidaire. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Frigidaire.com.
- LG. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Lg.com.
- Whirlpool. Buy on Lowe’s Buy on Home Depot Buy on Whirlpool.com.
What is considered a large refrigerator?
A large fridge is made for businesses, homes with a lot of roommates, or large families. They are over 25 cubic feet and wider than 36″. They are quite large and take up a lot of space but are necessary for large families.
How much should a fridge stick out?
In short, the answer is yes. Your fridge will need about two inches of space away from the wall in the back to allow for air circulation. On the sides, you’ll want your fridge to have about 1/8 inch for a standard fridge and about 1 inch on each side for cabinet depth.
Do fridges need space around them?
Refrigerators need to breathe. If they are entirely boxed in, then there’s not much room for ventilation. When you measure the space for the refrigerator, and compare it to the size of the refrigerator, leave at least 1 inch of extra room for the back and the top of the refrigerator.
What should I look for when buying a refrigerator?
Here are all the aspects you should consider before purchasing a new refrigerator.
- Things to keep in mind while buying a refrigerator.
- Defrosting: Direct cool vs Frost free.
- Types of refrigerators. Single door. Double door.
- Energy ratings.
- Compressors. General compressor.
- Additional features. Water/ice dispensers.
How many Litres is a family size fridge?
For a family of four, look for models with a capacity of 520 to 600 litres. Check out the side-by-side or French Door models. For a family of five or more, you’ll need at least 700 litres. Consider a pigeon pair with a fridge of at least 450 litres and a freezer of at least 380 litres.
How many Litres is a family fridge?
What size fridge do I need?
|Family size||Combined fridge & freezer size|
|1-2 people||200-380 litres|
|3-4 people||350-530 litres|
|5+ people||440+ litres|
How big is a 21 cubic foot refrigerator?
Dimensions: 34″D x 66-1/4″H x 32-3/4″W.