- 1 Is Tampa a good place to raise a family?
- 2 What is the best area to stay in Tampa?
- 3 Where do families live in Tampa?
- 4 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tampa?
- 5 Where should I not live in Tampa?
- 6 How dangerous is Tampa?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Tampa or Clearwater?
- 8 Is downtown Tampa safe at night?
- 9 Where is the nicest part of Tampa?
- 10 What are the bad areas of Tampa?
- 11 Can you swim in Tampa Bay?
- 12 What are the nicest suburbs of Tampa?
- 13 Is 50k a good salary in Florida?
- 14 Why is rent so high in Tampa?
- 15 What is a livable wage in Tampa?
Is Tampa a good place to raise a family?
TAMPA, Fla. 8 best family -friendly city in America. The top-25 metropolitan areas in the U.S. were ranked based on crime rate, cost of living, availability of child care services, average commute times, school (K-12) quality, and park acreage per capita.
What is the best area to stay in Tampa?
- Where to Stay in Tampa.
- Tampa Neighborhood Guide.
- Tampa’s 5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in.
- #1 Downtown Tampa – Where to stay in Tampa first time.
- #2 Tampa Heights – Where to stay in Tampa on a budget.
- # 3 Ybor City – Best area to stay in Tampa for nightlife.
- # 4 Hyde Park – Coolest place to stay in Tampa.
Where do families live in Tampa?
Best Places to Live in Tampa for Families
- Seminole Heights. This family -friendly neighborhood is filled with an eclectic array of housing units, including shabby chic homes and renovated bungalows.
- Downtown Tampa.
- Hunter’s Green.
- Carrollwood Tampa.
- New Tampa.
- North Hyde Park.
- West Meadows Community.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tampa?
The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in the Tampa /St. Pete area would need to earn a combined $ 77,064 per year — or $ 6,422 a month — to live comfortably.
Where should I not live in Tampa?
Some popular Tampa neighborhoods to avoid include:
- Orient Park: Crime rates 60% higher than the rest of Tampa.
- Live Oaks Square: 1 in 20 chance of becoming a victim of a crime.
- Highland Pines: Crime rates 233% higher than the rest of Tampa.
- Woodland Terrace: Crime rates 170% higher than the rest of Tampa.
How dangerous is Tampa?
Overall violent crime in Tampa is 7% higher than the national average, with a rate of 407 per 100,000 people. The violent crime rate in Florida is 374 per 100,000 people, so Tampa is less safe than Florida’s average. Chances of being the victim of a violent crime in Tampa is 1 in 246.
Is it better to stay in Tampa or Clearwater?
And not only is Tampa much less expensive, but it is actually a significantly cheaper destination. The same level of travel in Clearwater would naturally cost you much more money, so you would probably want to keep your budget a little tighter in Clearwater than you might in Tampa.
Is downtown Tampa safe at night?
Re: Is the area around the Hilton Tampa Downtown safe at night? It is safe. You can ask the concierge for recs. A few pubs/bars right around the corner and Harbor Island has a few restaurants too.
Where is the nicest part of Tampa?
9 Best Neighborhoods in Tampa | (2021) Where to Live in Tampa
- Downtown Tampa – Best Amenities in Town.
- Palma Ceia – Safest Among Tampa Neighborhoods.
- Beach Park – An Affluent Neighborhood in Tampa.
- Hyde Park – Popular Community for Families.
- Westshore – Among Most Affordable Neighborhoods in Tampa.
What are the bad areas of Tampa?
The most dangerous areas in Tampa is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Historic Ybor. Population 1,999.
- Downtown. Population 1,897.
- Drew Park. Population 1,613.
- East Ybor.
- Highland Pines.
- Courier City.
- North Tampa.
Can you swim in Tampa Bay?
The beaches are generally safe, but don’t swim at dusk or dawn, and it’s probably not a good idea to swim in the open bay,” Heuter warned. Sharks use the entire bay; however, scientists have pinpointed certain “hot spots” or “pockets” that individual species prefer.
What are the nicest suburbs of Tampa?
Best Suburbs of Tampa, Florida
- Citrus Park. Population: 24,252. Median Home Value: $215,400.
- Land O’ Lakes. Population: 31,996.
- Westchase. Population: 21,747.
- East Lake. Population: 30,962.
- Valrico. Population: 35,545.
- Wesley Chapel. Population: 44,092.
- Oldsmar. Population: 14,841.
- Palm Harbor. Population: 57,439.
Is 50k a good salary in Florida?
In general, no. $50k is pretty good. It really depends on location. Just like any state there is a broad range of population density from ultra urban, like Miami with pockets of the ultra rich like Palm Beach or Marco Island to the ultra rural like the ranches scattered across the middle of the state.
Why is rent so high in Tampa?
Westchase has the most notable increase. Rents there are, on average, up about 12.5%. One of the biggest reasons for the sizable increases is that people are moving here from more expensive cities like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. For many of them, the rents here — even at their current levels — are a steal.
What is a livable wage in Tampa?
Living Wage Calculation for Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
|0 Children||1 Child|